Global Category Specialist
Establish strategic direction for the acquisition of electronic materials and components used in the medical device manufacturing process.
- Understand the total spend, pricing structure, trading conditions and trends for raw materials, semi-finished products and purchased finished products, with particular knowledge of market and supply chain dynamics.
- Everage market knowledge and drivers to improve the company's ability to source critical materials.
- Ability to evaluate and approve suppliers, direct supplier strategy, and negotiate complex contracts for strategic materials procurement.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the company's product lines, market strategy, competition, technology, to establish the link between raw material and product price.
- Ensure adequate supplier capacity, competitive supply cost, drive reduction in supplier lead times and improve overall supplier performance.
- Promote the enforcement of supplier efficiency standards and establish parameters to ensure supplier accountability.
- Lead technology in new product introduction (NPI) regarding raw material, new sourcing, and supplier selection/qualification use in low-cost countries that fit the product strategy.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- Analytical skills, including cost analysis, financial capacity, and contracts.
- 3 years of global procurement experience.
- Technical knowledge in the electronics industry or equivalent, including transportation, foreign trade regulations, manufacturing operations and procurement, as well as a strong manufacturing background
- English level 85%
Consultant in charge: Mary Anne Webb