The Master's Program in Modern Manufacturing Systems is intended to provide professionals to meet the increasing demand for professionals with skills and knowledge of the new techniques and strategies that govern modern business systems.
- A completed and signed admission application, which must be delivered in person, together with the other documents requested, to the TEC facilities in Zapote or Cartago.
- An original and copy of the applicant’s bachelor’s degree diploma from a legally recognized higher education institution.
- An original and copy of the applicant’s high school diploma.
- A summary of the applicant’s curriculum vitae (1 page).
- A certified transcript issued by the university that awarded the bachelor’s degree, with weighted grade point average.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Certifications of work experience issued by the respective institutions.
- Two copies of the applicant’s personal identification card.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
- An essay of no more than one page about the applicant’s reasons for wishing to be admitted to the program.
Applicants who have graduated from foreign universities must present a translated version of their diploma translated with Apostille attached if it is in a language other than Spanish, together with a certification from the respective Embassy of the country of origin in Costa Rica indicating that the university is accredited as a higher education institution in the corresponding country.
The School of Industrial Production Engineering has the Center for Research in Modern Manufacturing Systems, which has the following research laboratories: the Computer Integrated Manufacturing Teaching Systems Laboratory (CIM), the Robotics Laboratory, the Automation Laboratory with Industrial Manufacturing Systems (CNC machines, and PLC systems), the Pneumatics and Hydraulics Laboratory, and a Microcomputer Laboratory with programs for simulating modern manufacturing systems.
Credit Cost: ¢56.000 + 2% VAT.
Cost of each course: ¢224.000 + 2% VAT
Graduation project: ¢560.000 + 2% VAT.
- Student welfare
- Health insurance
Approximate of ¢65.000 + 2% VAT
Deadline for receiving admission applications: December 12, 2019.
Schedules for the Master's program
The schedules frequently offered for this master's degree are:
- Cett Zapote from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, according to the schedule of the course.
- Alajuela from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Interuniversity campus.
- Coyol Free Zone: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 p.m to 9 p.m.
The courses are taught mainly at the Technology Transfer Center (CETT) of the TEC located in Zapote, San José; the three courses that require the use of specialized laboratories are taught at the main campus in Cartago.
- Tecnológico de Costa Rica
Industrial Production Engineering School
Master's Program in Modern Manufacturing Systems
- Technology Transfer Center
Zapote, San José