The Agribusiness School, through its for Licentiate’s Degree program in Agribusiness Engineering, aims to train professionals with broad humanistic foundations, and provide them with solid training that combines the use of technology with specialized knowledge in the area of administration.
These first-line professionals see themselves as experts in the field of agribusiness, able to make optimal use of the production resources available in a particular organization, and to do so in harmony with the environment.
In addition, the training proposed will develop entrepreneurs with the capacity to create companies and adapt them to the current economic environment.
Principal Disciplinary Areas
The training of Agribusiness Engineers, who are up to date in the latest technologies for agricultural and agro-industrial production, is strengthened through the participation of other disciplines and their technological scientific advances in areas such as biology and associated specialties (microbiology and biotechnology, among others), physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Engineers can use this knowledge as a basis for using the best possible techniques to develop goods and services, and to ensure greater competitiveness.
In addition, Agribusiness Engineering is strengthened by technological management, information and communication systems, social sciences, and legislation.
- Biology: A branch of natural sciences that studies living beings, their characteristics and behaviors, as well as the mechanisms for the survival of individuals, species, and their interactions with each other and with the environment.
- Chemistry: The science that studies the composition, structure and properties of matter, such as the changes it experiences during transformations.
- Physics: The science that studies matter and energy, and the properties and phenomena and laws that govern or characterize them.
- Mathematics: The study of properties and relationships between numbers and geometric figures, using exact basic notations and logical reasoning.
- Social Sciences: Those disciplines that deal with aspects of human behavior and activities. Both material and intangible manifestations of societies are examined.
Contribute to the country’s integral development through the training of professionals and the development of research and outreach activities in Agribusiness, seeking scientific and technological leadership, academic excellence and strict adherence to ethical, humanistic and environmental standards from the perspective of a high-quality public university which is competitive at the national and international levels.
The Agribusiness School will be a leader in the training of professionals and the development of research and outreach activities, with national and international visibility and influence in the field of agribusiness.
The Public Higher Education Agreements of Costa Rica have been established between the National Commission of Rectors (CONARE) and public universities with University Colleges, the Central American School of Agriculture and Livestock, and the Research and Improvement Center for Technical Education, seeking to give graduates of these institutions the opportunity to continue their studies in Costa Rican public higher educational institutions. Our School currently has the following Agreements:
- UADY - TEC (Autonomous University of Mexico)
- UCR - UNA – UNED - TEC (for the Coffee project, among others, with the VIE)
- USACH - TEC (University of Santiago de Chile) INTA -TEC
- TEC - FAO Costa Rica
Directorio de contactos
|Name||Last Name||Correo electrónico||Teléfono|