The program is intended to strengthen the management capacity of professionals in agricultural, forestry and natural resource management sciences through the use of technologies that mitigate the impact of their activity; skills are also developed in the use of administrative tools that optimize use of resources available for the operation of production systems.
- Strengthen actions and definition of priorities related to research, development and linkage with the productive sector.
- Share knowledge and technologies generated by research which allow sustainable use and conservation of natural resources, respecting cultural differences and diversity.
- Propose solutions to the problem of conservation of natural resources to prevent and mitigate the negative effects of human beings on their environment.
- Develop programs that promote an environmental culture.
- Design environmental management projects that promote the development of productive and conservation systems, respecting cultural differences.
- Develop sustainable agricultural, forestry and agrobioforestry systems.
- Promote international academic linkages.
- Offer continuing education courses with postgraduate options.
Completing the courses required in the curriculum of the Master's Program in Natural Resources Management and Production Technologies will take 2 years.
Relevance of the academic offer
The program offers an interdisciplinary academic master's degree which was developed jointly by the agrobiology and forestry schools of the TEC. It incorporates the experience of five leading programs of study in higher education, endorsed by a public university that is recognized nationally and internationally for the quality of its programs, educators and graduates, with proven experience in the formation of professionals who have led and promoted Costa Rica’s technological development.
Studying for the academic Master’s degree provides students with the opportunity to participate in a program that is attuned to their interests and needs, providing them with in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in the agricultural and forestry sector in which they work, and enabling them to synthesize, analyze, and solve problems that arise in their daily professional work.
One of the strengths of this program is that it takes into account the profile and needs of the target student population, which is well defined and is made up of active professionals. The master's degree program has flexible hours to allow these professionals to continue with their job responsibilities, and its flexibility allows them to focus their studies on the areas in which they work.
The program has been planned with the purpose of training professionals with creative attitudes and open to change, with strong scientific, humanistic and research foundations. The framework of the proposed program is a comprehensive curriculum which is interdisciplinary and multisectoral, oriented towards processes of decentralization and globalization, and capable of creating new knowledge. It also seeks to contribute to the creation of a scientific community oriented towards sustainable development.
Currently, four of the Schools that support this master's degree are accredited by the SINAES and the other is in the final stages of the SINAES accreditation process. Offering high-quality master's programs is highly important to assist in improving the agricultural and forestry sectors of Costa Rica and, in general, of the Latin American region.
Directorio de contactos