With over 25 years of experience, the School of Biology welcomes the challenge that Costa Rican society has presented it with: to contribute through research and training of biotechnology professionals to the country’s social and economic development, generating innovative solutions to problems in different areas that involve science and technology.
The School of Biology directs its efforts towards three specific activities:
To contribute to national and regional sustainable development through human resource training, development of research, and outreach activities in Biotechnology, as well as in other areas related to Biology, in a proactive, harmonious and innovative work environment.
To be leaders in Biotechnology through the training of professionals, the development of research, and timely transfer of technology.
- Team spirit.
- Assertive sincerity.
- Commitment: identification with the mission, vision and objectives of the School.
- Excellence: superior quality.
- Entrepreneurship: emphasizing innovation, creativity, and finding new ways to do things.
- Respect: tolerance and honesty.
- Solidarity: mutual collaboration, with loyalty and support.
Train human resources, and carry out research, outreach activities, and provision of services in different areas of biology, making use of biotechnological applications to contribute to national and international development.
- Participate in the training of professionals in biotechnology to meet market needs.
- Contribute to the continuous training of human resources in the areas of biology and its biotechnological applications.
- Promote entrepreneurship in students, educators, researchers and administrators of the School.
- Promote management of intellectual property in the different fields of action of the School.
- Strengthen the linkage and development of strategic alliances with the public, private, and academic sectors to promote research and technology transfer processes in strategic areas.
Directorio de contactos