DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme
UNILEAD Scholarship 2020
The Cooperation Office informs that the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Department of Continuing Education and Education Management at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in Germany are jointly organizing the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing countries to tackle successfully every-day challenges
Focuses on three key areas:
- Project Management (PM). This includes courses on Methodology of Project Management, Financial Management in Projects and Risk Management.
- Strategic Management (StM). This includes courses of theoretical basics and practical tools for the Development and Implementation of Strategic Management in higher education institutions.
- Human Resource Management (HRM). This includes courses on Instruments of Human Resource Development, Leadership, Conflict Management and Communication.
*Additional topics, such as Team Competences, Quality Management, and Key Skills, are touched upon.
During the contact phases the participants will be guests of the University of Oldenburg.
Following expenses will be covered:
- Course costs UNILEAD approx. 5.500 €.
- Travel costs: Flights to and from Germany (Economy class) and ground travel to and from Oldenburg (2. Class train). We kindly ask the participants to make their own travel arrangements – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg.
- Accommodation (including breakfast) and some joint meals at the two contact phases in Germany.
- Emergency health insurance during the contact phases.
*Expected co-funding: Participants’ home institutions are expected to contribute to the course costs by paying a one-time fee of 300,00 €. The fee will be deducted from the travel reimbursement in the first contact phase. In addition, local transportation in the participants’ home countries, visa costs and possible additional per diems for the stay in Germany have to be covered by the participants and/or their home institution.
Following information and documents are requirements for an application:
- Application Form including a clear practice-oriented Project Proposal – using the online-form provided on the website.
- Letter of Motivation including date and signature – uploaded to online-application form as pdf-file.
- Letter of Recommendation from university top management (President/Rector or Vice- Chancellor/Vice-Rector of the university) including date and signature in which the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies, the future potential of the candidate is described and emphasized – uploaded to online-application form as pdf-file.
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) will be an asset (pdf-file).
Key criteria for selection
- No longer than 4 years of experience in managerial and personnel responsibilities.
- Applicants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Application Deadline: Candidates are invited to submit the applications until the October 14th, 2019, at 11:59h Central European Summer Time via online application form on the UNILEAD-website at https://go-dl.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead/
*Selected candidates will be informed about the results of the selection meeting by beginning of December.
Further Information: For more information on DIES training courses, dialogue events, projects and partnerships, refer to the following website where you can access DIES brochure:
IMPORTANT: For those who are participating in this call, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following TEC Form for follow up and summary of international indicators and statistics.